BENALLA IS THE IDEAL LOCATION FOR A SOLAR FARM
Located approximately 4 km north-east of the Benalla township in northern Victoria, the Kennedys Creek Solar Farm is situated just off Benalla-Yarrawonga Road on 290 hectares of even terrain within industrial zone and farming zone.
WHY THIS LOCATION?
Located in Victoria’s north-east region, the Rural City of Benalla is considered to be an ideal area to build a solar farm. Here are some of the reasons why we have chosen Benalla
- Its position guarantees key sun exposure to Northern Victoria’s abundant sunlight
- The mostly even terrain has been largely cleared for agriculture in the past
- The surrounding and adjoining agricultural farmland provides natural screening, minimising the potential visual impact and disruptions on nearby populations
- Close proximity to the Midland Highway and Hume Freeway and access points have been created on site for transport through the arterial Benalla-Yarrawonga Road
- It is highly accommodating and accessible to high voltage electricity powerlines that will be used for a unified connection to the Glenrowan-Shepparton 220kV transmission network and National Electricity Market (NEM)